NOVA Cool Cats Mentor Program
Hockey Youths Can Skate, Instruct and Earn Community Hours for Graduation
Do you play hockey? Do you want to dedicate some of your time to help others learn the sport? If you do, then become a Mentor. NOVA Cool Cats Special Hockey seeks hockey youths to help teach skating and basic hockey skills to our participants. It's a great deal, you get to skate, help with drills and you earn community hours, too. Anyone interested in the NOVA Cool Cats Special Hockey Mentor Program can apply by contacting the Program director by the email address or phone number listed below. All mentor are required to be registered with USA Hockey, reistration number must be provided befor working in the mentor program, this is the same registration form you recieved while registering as a player for your current team. a student coach form must also be filled out, please click the following link to fill out a mentor Participation agreement and student coach form. When completed either send by regular mail or the email address below.
Mentor Participation Agreement
Student Coach Regulations
A player between the ages of 13 and 17 who is currently properly registered with USA Hockey may serve as a student coach under the following conditions:
- Must attend a training session conducted by the local hockey association.
- Must always be under the supervision of a carded, screened adult coach during all practices, clinics, try-outs, and in the locker room.
- May help out at practices, clinics, try-outs only. (May not play during scrimmages or games).
- Must wear a helmet with full face shield, gloves, and skates while on the ice. Must wear helmet during games while on the bench.
- May only work with players at least one full playing age level down.
- The organization that is using the student coach must provide a form indicating on what team he/she is participating as a student coach, and, if applicable, what team he/she is properly registered/rostered as a player. A model form can be found here: http://www.usahockey.com/LinkedDocs/c/8/f/c8f2fa88-dbb8-48d7-964c-e27b6c8bdfce.pdf
- Upon reaching the age of 18, the student coach must comply with all USA Hockey coaching and screening rules and regulations.
- May not act as the head coach or assistant coach during practices or games.
Another useful tool is to view the following Student Coach Presentation.
Please read over the mentor SOP:
http://files.LeagueAthletics.com/Images/Club/2015/Mentors SOP/Mentors SOP.doc
Please fill out the form to get started:
http://files.LeagueAthletics.com/Images/Club/2015/Mentors SOP/Mentors Welcome Letter 2020-2021.doc
Email the NOVACoolCats@verizon.net when you have completed the access to the web site.
NOVA Cool Cats Special Hockey, Inc.
PO Box 107
Sterling, VA 201670-0107
email: Coach Randy at email@example.com